Alde House was started
by a group of local Christians. They were concerned that there was
no provision for the elderly in the village. In 1972 Stumpwell Housing
Assocoation was formed to meet this need.
The primary aim of Alde
House is to provide a homely and safe atmosphere where the residents
- be respected as an individual
- be as independent as they are able
- enjoy a peaceful and stimulating environment
- be cared for in a way that meets their individual needs
- feel safe and secure in comfortable surroundings
- be among friends in a caring community
- feel part of an extended family.
Our objective is to give
all residents a happy and comfortable stay at Alde House, however
long that may be.